We are gathering food and supplies to replenish Harvest Market (HM) and to resource our local outreach and crisis response initiatives. Click here to learn more.
Update regarding Bethel ministries.
Update regarding church services and ministries.
In response to the current COVID-19/Coronavirus concern, we want to update you on several immediate details about weekend services and the various ministries of Bethel Church. The state of Indiana has placed a moratorium on gatherings of 250 or more. This creates an immediate challenge for us, as all of our worship services regularly exceed this number.
In light of this, we have suspended all public services at our church locations. Instead, we will provide online services at 9:00 and 10:45am. These will be broadcasted from our Crown Point location. Beginning this Sunday, you can access the livestream from our website.
Our online service will include all of the things you are accustomed to—dynamic worship, praying together, and a message from God’s Word. This message will directly address the COVID-19 crisis and is entitled Disinfecting Fear. We hope that you will join us and encourage you to share this opportunity with others!
As online services don’t allow us to pass the offering plate, we do have a few ways for you to give. First, you can go to our online giving portal. You can also mail a check to our Crown Point location (Bethel Church, 10202 Broadway, Crown Point, IN 46307). Thank you for your generous support of Bethel Church. We ask that you continue to partner with us as we enter this difficult season.
In addition, we are prayerfully and diligently evaluating our various ministries on a case-by-case basis. Check back for updates.
The following ministries are suspended/postponed:
- All public Sunday services are suspended—these will be held online.
- All Bethel Kids ministries on Sunday mornings have been suspended.
- Celebrate Recovery will be suspended for one week while we assess opportunities to gather.
- The Men’s Breakfast on Saturday, March 14 has been postponed.
Ministries still under consideration:
- We plan to continue on with Women of the Word. More information to come on this.
- We are actively exploring opportunities for campus-specific points of connection (CL, HP, Gary, Chinese congregation). Keep an eye on campus Facebook pages for updates.
- We are still evaluating Awana and Verge Student Ministries. Stay tuned for updates in the next few days.
With schools canceling, trips being postponed, and grocery stores overrun, we know that tension is high. Please remember in these trying times we need to respond with both faith and wisdom. We encourage you to follow all of the recommended precautionary measures for hygiene and personal contact. We should also be vigilant in prayer that this situation finds a swift conclusion.
More details will be coming in the days ahead. Your pastors and leaders are praying for you, and please do the same for Bethel’s leadership as we all navigate this crisis together. We hope to see you online Sunday morning at 9:00 or 10:45am!
Our All-Church Worship Night is postponed. We will post an update tomorrow regarding church services and ministries following the governor’s announcement yesterday. Further communication is forthcoming.
The Coronavirus is certainly raising health concerns across the globe. As with any newly emerging infectious disease, knowledge evolves with time and recommendations are changing rapidly. We are closely monitoring information from public health officials and will follow their prevention guidelines to help keep our facilities clean and church community safe. In the meantime, we advise the Bethel Church congregation to consider the following:
Again, we caution you to practice the standard, flu-season safety precautions we are already familiar with—including practicing cough etiquette and hygiene, washing your hands thoroughly and regularly, particularly after touching your face, and limiting physical contact with others.
Currently, we have decided to continue regular programming at Bethel Church. At the same time, we ask you to avoid attending any church activity if any of these conditions are met:
- You have had any flu-like symptoms in the past 7 days such as fever, cough, vomiting, or shortness of breath
- You have been in close contact with someone with flu-like symptoms in the past 7 days
- You have traveled from an area in the past 7 days with confirmed cases and/or suspect you may have been exposed
- You have traveled to or from China, Italy, Iran, or South Korea or any other country flagged as level 2 or level 3 alerts in the past 14 days
All future communication will be distributed through this page: bethelweb.org/updates. For general information, the best source of information is the CDC’s website. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pray for the many medical professionals, public safety professionals, educators, missionaries, and others who are affected
- Pray for the Lord’s protection from illness among our people
- Pray for gospel opportunities to come from this outbreak
- Pray for wisdom regarding ministry impact in the event of local COVID-19 cases
Thank you for helping us keep Bethel Church a safe place to make disciples whose lives are all about him.