Bethel Reopening FAQ
We believe that the physical gathering of God’s people is an important priority when it can be accomplished safely and with wisdom. We are taking every measure to do just that. Hence, we are aiming to provide the best in-person experience possible without compromising the health of our congregation.
- Commit to wearing a face covering when entering and exiting the building, and also during all singing.
- You must not be exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- You must not be under a quarantine condition due to a potential COVID-19 exposure.
- You must agree to maintain physical distancing throughout your time on Bethel premises.
There are a wide range of opinions regarding when it is best to reopen. Our goal has been to accommodate this range of viewpoints by providing several different safe and impactful opportunities for people to gather for worship (either physically or digitally). We encourage you to choose the opportunity that aligns best with your own safety conscience, and also provides you with the best worship experience (all things considered).
Yes, the Wednesday service in one location will be the same as the previous Sunday service at that same location. Service details will vary some by location, however.
- Please follow this link to make your attendance reservation: www.bethelweb.org/attend
- In order to permit everyone a chance to attend, we ask that each household only make ONE reservation per three-week interval.
- Please follow this link to cancel your reservation: www.bethelweb.org/cancel-reservation
You do not need to bring a proof of registration with you, but we will check for your name on our list of reservations when you arrive.
- Children of any age may attend most worship gatherings, but they must follow all required protocols (physical distancing, wearing a face covering for the duration of the service, etc.).
- We ask that children under age 7 not attend the Sunday 9:00 service at Crown Point (CP) due to the need for a controlled environment for recording/streaming.
- If you and your spouse wish to attend different services (so one can stay home with your children), an exception to the one reservation per household is permitted.
- Persons ages 65 and older are asked not to attend (per Indiana guidelines)
- Persons with high COVID-19 risk factors are asked not to attend (per Indiana guidelines)
- Individuals exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or are under a quarantine condition due to potential COVID-19 exposure.
We recommend you give online. We will not pass offering baskets during the service. There will, however, be offering drop-boxes in the building.
No communion will be taken at this time to protect the health and safety of our congregation. We are employing alternative ways to provide communion however (small groups, special ministry/campus gatherings, etc.).
No coffee or paper bulletins will be available at this time.
Yes, but we encourage them for emergency use only.
Plans are still in development for reopening these locations.
Presently, our priority is opening our weekend services. Conversations are underway to determine when other ministries can gather in-person.
We will monitor this on a week-to-week basis. We are confident that over time these restrictions will lessen. But we don’t have the ability to forecast precisely when this will be.