The Community Ministries of Bethel seek to empower and equip disciples of Jesus Christ to love their neighbors as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her (Ephesians 5:1-2) so that we can reach the lost and teach the found.
- Bethel Career Resource Network (BCRN) provides biblical teaching, interview skills, resume building and a large network of potential employers. They need able-bodied volunteers to mentor and assist participants in finding a new job.
Contact Raj Selladurai
- Children in Crisis focuses on helping families within Bethel who have adopted or are seeking adoption or foster care. If you have a heart to serve families who are in the process of adopting or are considering that path, please consider joining this ministry.
Contact Ken Kolanowski
- Colonial Nursing Home in Crown Point is where Bethel groups serve twice a month as they put on a simple Sunday service for the residents. You can sign up to participate one or two times each month.
- CREED is a ministry to adults with disabilities in NWI that meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month at the Crown Point campus. The adults are brought to Bethel for a time of fellowship and fun.
Contact Jan Higgins
- Deaf Ministry offers sign language translation Sundays at Bethel Gary at 9:30 a.m. Please request an interpreter 24 hours in advance.Through this ministry there are opportunities for volunteers to befriend and encourage a Deaf member of our community. Monthly Deaf Socials and ASL Bible Groups are also available.
Contact Debbie Chapman at 219.314.7932, text or voice.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) is a course Bethel offers following the academic calendar. These classes are held on Saturday mornings at the Crown Point campus. They offer volunteers the opportunity to connect one-on-one with international students and immigrants. You do not need prior ESL experience to volunteer.
Contact Lisa Patton
- Harvest Market is Bethel’s own food pantry. The pantry is open on Sunday mornings at Bethel Crown Point. Volunteers are needed to stock shelves, prepare bags of food and interact with families that come on Sunday mornings. View items needed for the Harvest Market.
Contact Maria Clark
- Jail Ministry serves the Lake County Jail that houses over 1,000 male and female inmates. Bethel members assist with weekly services for the inmates, GED classes, women’s Bible studies, addiction recovery, and visiting inmates’ families.
Contact Brett Burbage